This plan describes the implementation of mandatory health and safety requirements established by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, Governor Northam’s COVID-19 Executive Order and subsequent Addendum as well as guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization (WHO), and State and local government officials and health departments.
Pursuant to Governor Ralph Northam’s Executive Order No. 63, face coverings are required at all indoor meetings and events.
Employees are required to wear face coverings. Abundance Organizing will provide face coverings unless an employee prefers to provide their own face covering. Face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be made of more than one layer of fabric that a member can still breathe through.
- Be able to be washed and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- Face coverings may only be temporarily removed if employee is isolated in a room.
Employees are hereby required to:
- Maintain a social distance of 6 ft. between persons at job sites.
- Use hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, paper towels and disinfectant spray while on job sites.
- Not share any and all work tools including but not limited to: label tape, sharpies, box openers, scissors, post-its, etc.
- Ask the client which bathroom can be used during the session and use disinfectant wipes on all surfaces after use.
Disinfectant wipes will be supplied by Abundance Organizing. Surfaces at job site will be disinfected before leaving work.
Employee Self Assessment and Screening
Employees must not report to work if they:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.
- Display COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste, and/or gastrointestinal problems, including nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting, whether or not accompanied by a formal COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Have had close contact with and/or live with any person having a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
- Have had close contact with and/or live with any person displaying COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste, and/or gastrointestinal problems, including nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting in the last 14 days.
- Have traveled via airplane internationally or domestically in the last 14 days.
Employees who develop symptoms during an organizing session must immediately report it to their supervisor. Such employees may only resume in-person work upon meeting all return-to-work requirements.
Return to Work Requirements
Employees who were themselves diagnosed with COVID-19 whether symptomatic or asymptomatic may only return to work upon confirmation of the cessation of symptoms and contagiousness, proof of which may be acquired via the test-based strategy or the non-test-based strategy.
COVID-19 Notification Protocols
Abundance Organizing must notify employees who may have been exposed, within 24 hours of becoming aware of their possible exposure, while keeping the identity of the individual who tested positive confidential in accordance with federal and Virginia laws and regulations.
If you have questions about these protocols please call us at 804-212-2160.